Unfortunately, the AC decided to give out today. I’m waiting for a call back from some AC Repair companies to let me know if they can make it out anytime soon.
(This rots, because I had plans for today. Big Plans!)
Instead, we’re sitting here stewing – literally, not figuratively, because at least the basement is a cool 73 degrees. And I have iced-tea brewing – my favorite.
Hope you’re keeping cool!
Here’s Your Prompt:
- Temperature spikes usually make people uncomfortable. Write about heat. Irritable people, tensions escalating, tempers flaring. Write about:
- Tempers flaring out of control in the office, or
- Tempers flaring out of control on public transportation: a bus, in a taxi, or on an airplane.
- Write about a married couple — or a young couple living together — trapped in a sweltering apartment and no funds to get to the movies or somewhere where they might spend some time getting cool.
- Heat also brings up the possibility of passion. Write about sex on a tropical island, or in a candle lit room. Write about hot, passionate kisses. Write about forbidden sex or your deep-in-your-heart sexual fantasy. Write long, torrid sex scenes designed to make your reader squirm, where the climax is, achingly, pages and pages later.
Have you read Sky Lit Bargains?
Forced to leave her home when her twin sister marries, Sigrid takes up arms to make her own way.