My official “Write Your @ss Off” day was Friday…but my glee at having eight hours of uninterrupted writerly stuff was crushed under the weight of nearly 30 inches of snow.
Not that I didn’t get anything done. I simply spread the eight hours of “to do” over the weekend, in between shoveling snow, enjoying hot cups of coffee and viewing a bit of the Superbowl. (Weren’t the commercials terrible this year? I swear I’m going to stop watching them…)
Here’s how my to-do list looks:
- Write an initial blog post, outlining my plans – Done!
- Write my daily minimum on my current WIP – I did work on this, I just didn’t meet my self-prescribed quota
- Write a duplicate amount on “something new” – Done!
- Update my Facebook Page – Done!
- Clean off the top of my desk…Oh, well…one can hope!
These were the extra activities I’d planned if there were time:
- Reply to my writer friends whose emails I still haven’t gotten to – Done! (Hi, Friends!)
- Update my Web page (minor changes) – Done!
- Organize my 2009 (Writing) Tax items
- Set up my 2010 (Writing) Tax Spreadsheets – Done!
- Read from one of the writing books I bought this year – Done!
- Write a summarizing blog post – (This is it!)
It turned out to be quite a productive weekend. I managed to do some other writerly stuff, too:
- Finalize details for a reading at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC in March.
- Agree to speak on marketing short fiction at a local writer’s group
- Dug out an old copy of “Writer’s Dreamkit 4” (software) and gave it a go on the “new” WIP. I was inspired to do this by a blog post by The Intern. (Her review is spot on if you want to give it a go…)
I hope everyone else participating fared just as well!