Kids in my county go back to school on Tuesday. Others started back last week.
(I only realized that when the traffic got bad again on the way to work in the a.m….)
This summer just blew right by me.
I haven’t been fishing once. [That is a truly sad statement.]
In honor of this occasion of summer ending and school beginning, I figured we should have a back to school prompt (starting with the inevitable, groan inspiring … wait for it…)
Here’s Your Prompt:
Choose one or several items below to write about. Don’t just answer the question. Give some thought to the whys and wherefores. Write for 5, 10 or fifteen minutes. Or, write until you’re done. Hammer our a rough draft and leave it. Or, polish it up for publication. Turn these into memoir-type essays, letters to your family members, genealogical vignettes, or whatever you wish!
- What did you do on your summer vacation? (Okay, now you can groan.)
- Best. Vacation. Ever. (This one is pure fiction. If you could do anything, go anywhere, what would it be?)
- Where did the summer go?
- If it were summer every day…
- August is the only month of the year without a (U.S.-observed) holiday. Make one up! How would you celebrate it?
- I’m looking forward to __________ this school year…
- Five things I like about school.
- How I’m going to make this the best school year ever!
- What is the most significant memory (bad or good!) from each year of elementary school, high school, university or technical school?